Above is the breakdown of the new City of Vicksburg mask mandate for city employees. One can read the proclamation in its entirety below.
PROCLAMATION OF CITY OF VICKSBURG TO MINIMIZE THE RISK OF INFECTION AND TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 APPLICABLE TO CITY OF VICKSBURG EMPLOYEES AND EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY ON AUGUST 4, 2021 AND REMAINING IN EFFECT THROUGH AUGUST 18, 2021
WHEREAS, pursuant to §33-15-17 of the Mississippi Code of 1972, as amended, the City of Vicksburg, (“is authorized to proclaim that a Civil Emergency exists defined as any natural disaster or man-made calamity resulting in the death or injury of persons to such an extent that extraordinary measures must be taken to protect the public health, safety and welfare; and
WHEREAS, §33-15-17 authorizes the City to control or restrict egress, ingress and movement within City of Vicksburg, outside the City limits of Vicksburg, necessary to facilitate the protection of life and property; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to these laws, the City is authorized to issue such orders as deemed necessary to protect the public health, safety and welfare of the citizens of City of Vicksburg, outside the City limits of Vicksburg, Mississippi; and
WHEREAS, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) that has spread across this nation is a worldwide pandemic and a resurgence has occurred due to the delta variant of the coronavirus; and
WHEREAS, the COVID-19 pandemic remains a matter of importance in the City of Vicksburg, and it is necessary for the City to take measures to minimize spread of the virus among its employees; and
WHEREAS, it is imperative that the City maintain a healthy workforce in order to provide necessary services to the public.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED AND PROCLAIMED BY THE MAYOR OF THE CITY OF VICKSBURG, pursuant to §33-15-17 of the Mississippi Code of 1972, and such other powers as the City may have, the City finds the COVID-19 pandemic remains an emergency in City of Vicksburg with continuing numbers of confirmed cases and deaths in City of Vicksburg, and it is necessary for the City to maintain a healthy workforce in order to provide necessary services to the public; and
WHEREAS, the Mayor hereby resolves and proclaims the following Emergency Orders to apply to all City of Vicksburg employees regardless of vaccination status:
- City of Vicksburg employees who work inside a building must wear a mask in all common areas of the building such as hallways, bathrooms, breakrooms and meeting rooms at all times, regardless of the presence of another person.
- Any time an employee is in the same room as one or more employees, all employees present must wear a mask at all times unless they can socially distance (6 feet) from each other.
- If there is more than one person in a City vehicle, all persons inside the vehicle must wear a mask at all times while in the vehicle.
- Employees who work in a single office without other persons in the same office do not have to wear a mask unless someone comes in that office. At that time, all persons in the office must wear a mask unless they can socially distance (6 feet) from each other.
- Failure to abide by this Emergency Order may result in disciplinary action up to and including reprimand, suspension and termination.
THIS RESOLUTION AND PROCLAMATION OF CITY OF VICKSBURG SHALL BE IN EFFECT BEGINNING AUGUST 4, 2021 AND SHALL CONTINUE THROUGH AUGUST 18, 2021.
SO RESOLVED this the ____ day of August 2021.
CITY OF VICKSBURG, MS
GEORGE FLAGGS, JR., MAYOR